Friday 22 July 2016

Quilting: Drawing a Pattern




Just showing you what I have been up to for the last two days. Usually when I have been quilting I have just chosen some nice fabrics, cut them to squares or stripes and begun to plan how to place them before sewing. Now I wanted to plan something different and challenge myself with a pattern that needs following to succeed. First I chose the fabrics I am going to use and the basic pattern. Then I begun to play with the blocks and colors to make a bigger pattern using the smaller ones. In the plan I have drawn blocks separately to make the cutting and sewing process easier. This way I can cut and sew one block at the time. This is technically quite simple to make and the end result will be rewarding. Today I made 3 blocks and they look very good with their bright colors. I will show you more photos from this project when I get some more blocks done.


I wish you all inspiring summer weekend!


Sannu

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!