Tuesday 15 August 2017

Decorate Rattan 2. Party Ready Glass Cozies


Hello Friends! Tuesday and time for the second rattan DIY project of my three part series. I like to have a theme week. I did a series of theme posts last Easter and it was quite fun way to work and create new material to blog. I shall have to think more themes for Autumn, feel free leave suggestions to my comment box what kind of themes you would like to read from my blog. Also if you need special tips for some project or makeover ideas, I am happy to take a challenge!

Even though I was little bit of an Autumn mood yesterday today's project is still summer oriented. I had rattan glass cozies that I bought some DIYing in mind. These are from thrift store like the coasters I did in last post and cost 50 cents per 8 pieces. Rattan products are relatively cheap at thrift stores which is great for us crafters who can ad that 2017 style self. These glass cozies are a perfect match with kitschy straws and colorful napkins. Why not have a backyard party or Birthday celebration with fun beach theme?

You will need:

-Glass cozies
-Acrylic lacquer paint 
-Fun colorful ribbon
-Glue
-Small brush
-Scissors


Step 1. Paint a stripe to the edge of the glass cozy. Let dry. If you want you can use different color in every glass cozy so that everyone can tell their own glass. I used pink in all :)


Step 2. Measure the ribbon so that it goes around the cozy, cut and glue under the painted stripe. Let dry and you are finished. So easy!




Have a Wonderful DIY Week Everyone! Next and last rattan project is coming at the end of the week :) Hope you have fun finding treasures at thrift stores and making. My evening continues with Jack Kerouac's On the Road, still have few pages to travel in that crazy companion :D

Sannu

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!